Please note: this listing is for a pre-order. Orders will ship as soon as we receive the books, but not before the official launch date of December 8 2023. Please note that other items ordered together with a pre-order, will be send out once the entire order is complete and ready to ship.
Get ready for this lovely winter issue! Laine 19, Kaolinite, celebrates the meditative nature of crafts. The beautiful, serene photos were taken in a ceramics studio, and the patterns offer a relaxing break from the everyday.
Designers featured in this issue: Alexandra Atepaeva, Jennifer Brou, Maxim Cyr, Ronja Hakalehto, Helga Isager, Pauliina Leisti, Agata Mackiewicz, Yukie Onodera, Marie Régnier,Jacqueline van Dillen and Veera Välimäki.
Issue 19, Winter 2024, includes 148 pages with:
- 11 knitting patterns (both charts and written instructions provided): 4 sweaters, 1 cardigan, 2 vests, 1 skirt, 1 shawl, 1 hat, 1 pair of socks.
- An interview with the Japanese artist Tomomi Mimura, who uses basic darning stitches to embroider charming animal characters.
- An article about the American sheep shearer Pony Jacobson, and why this age-old craft is vital both for sheep’s health and the textile industry.
- Jeanette Sloan’s Fibre Talk: A regular article on Jeanette chatting with interesting people. In this issue, she meets Sari Monroy, a fibre artist and writer who draws on her Mayan Kaqchikel heritage.
- Five Ways by our regular writer Päivi Kankaro, who explores what kind of skills knitters should practise to increase their brain health.
- Where I Knit: a regular piece that pictures people knitting in their favourite spot. In this issue, we meet Atia, who knits in her beautiful London living room.
- Seasonal recipes to inspire your winter cooking.
- Book reviews.